1941 Hornbrook SDA Church formed just 14 miles north of Yreka. They met in the Hornbrook Community Church because an Adventist evangelist had come to Hornbrook, held meetings, and started a small group.
1949 (Winter) Tent evangelistic meetings held in Yreka. The tent was set up on Main Street a few blocks south of Miner St., near where the Rodeway Inn is located today. During that winter it was very cold, so attendance was poor. But the meetings went on, and God blessed with 17 Baptisms, which had to be delayed until spring since that winter was so cold and there was so much snow. Evangelist Ruppert remained about two years to establish a congregation.
1950 Yreka/Hornbrook SDA Church was formed in Yreka. Soon after the congregation was formed, the 14 Adventists meeting in Hornbrook were invited to join the Yreka believers since the Hornbrook Church was so small. The new congregation would be called the Yreka/Hornbrook SDA Church.
1952-1955 Purchase and construction of the Sherman St. Church building in Yreka.
1961 Fort Jones SDA Church disbanded and joined the Yreka/Hornbrook SDA Church.
1968 Yreka SDA Church School was started with three first grade students of which two are current members of the Yreka SDA Church. In the fall of 1966, Dr. Wheeler, the first Adventist dentist in Yreka, moved here with his family. He became very active in the leadership of the congregation. Among them was his daughter and niece, both first graders. In 1968 our church hired its first teacher and in 1968 the school year started with three first grade students!
1985Sherman St. Church building was sold and the Yreka Church met at the Southern Baptist Church on Oregon St. and the Scott Valley Church met in various homes in Scott Valley.
1986 Yreka SDA Church completed the classrooms and gym at its current location on Payne Ln. The church school was a priority so it was built first before the sanctuary and the gym was used as a meeting place on Sabbath.
1987Scott Valley SDA Church completed their church building in Scott Valley.
1994Second phase of class rooms were built for the growing church school in Yreka.
2016Yreka SDA Church completed the sanctuary after using the gym as a meeting place for 30 years.